We are so excited to be able worship together in-person again! If you are wondering what kind of protocols are in place and the guidelines we are following, please check out this PDF from the Manitoba Government. For further regulations see Order 19(1) in these COVID-19 Prevention Orders.
We meet Sunday mornings at the Pat Porter Active Living Centre (10 Chrysler Gate). Doors open at 10am, service starts at 10:20. We also go Live on Facebook during the message for those unable to attend in-person (at approximate 10:35).
WHAT TO EXPECT AT IN-PERSON SERVICES
- Hand sanitizer: As you enter the building, there is a hand-sanitizer dispenser on the right-hand door. There is also one just inside the auditorium doors and one outside the bathroom doors.
- The auditorium where we meet is straight ahead. There will be a registration table just inside the doors. Someone will greet you and check you in (we have to do this every time so we have record of who attended).
- If there’s a line-up to get into the auditorium, please maintain a physical distancing space of 6 ft between your household and others.
- Tables/chairs will be set up in the auditorium according to physical distancing standards. 1 table per household unless group size is small enough to maintain a 2 metre distance between households. If others attending the service are your designated household visitors according to Orders 1(6) or 1(7), you may sit at the same table without distancing.
- On the registration table there will be a plastic bin with activities for the kids (labelled with your last name): take your bin, choose a table! We will have extra bins on hand for visitors. *There will be no separate children’s programming at this time.
- We will have a toy area set up at the back of the auditorium for toddlers – parental supervision required.
- Masks: According to current prevention orders, masks are required as we move about in an indoor public facility. Once you are seated at your table, you may remove your masks. *Children under 5 do not have to wear a mask. Here’s the link for gathering and mask regulations in Manitoba.
- Congregational singing: Let there be music! According to prevention orders, if you want to sing, please put your mask on. *Worship leaders will not wear masks, but will be leading from the stage (a significant distance away from the congregation).
- Giving: An offering bucket will be available at the registration table or coffee station, but these days we encourage you to Give Online or by E-transfer. See link for options/instructions on giving to Stonehouse.
- Please bring your own beverages. According to provincial regulations, masks may be removed to drink and eat. *We will have jugs of water and disposable cups available.
- Communion elements will be on your table, having been prepared/laid out by one person.
- Washrooms are accessible, and can be accessed from the foyer (to the left of the reception desk).
- Kids under 10 must be accompanied by an adult when leaving the auditorium.
- Clean up: After the service, we are responsible to sanitize tables and chairs and any hard surfaces we touch and put them away. Sanitizer is provided!
- At this time, we will not do online pre-registration for services; however this will be a possibility in the future, depending on how many people are attending.
- As mentioned in the MB Government PDF, please self-monitor and stay home if you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms. By practicing symptom-free gathering, proper hand-washing, and physical-distancing we significantly reduce the risk of passing viruses to one another.
Friends, gathering for in-person worship during a pandemic, like anything we do as a church plant, will be a learning process! We will make adjustments along the way based on government recommendations and as we determine what’s working and what isn’t. Your patience (and in-put) is appreciated! If you have any questions, contact Pastor Shannon.